Counter

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Cancer strikes again...

Sunday my brother called and asked me if I would take him to the ER for a chest x ray. We spent four hours in the ER--They initially got him right back to an exam room, but by the time the blood was drawn, ekg was done, x ray was completed it was four hours....He was exhausted. The ER doc saw a spot on the x ray and said that the radiologist would read it and then call us. The radiologist called yesterday and he suggested a CT scan and some more lab work. Tonight he called and said it is definitely lung cancer, several of the lymph nodes are involved, and it has metastesized. He referred him to an oncologist, tomorrow I will call the oncologist and see where we go from here. I know nothing about lung cancer, but just listening to my brother try to speak, breathe, and cough, I am guessing this is not going to be easy. He lives alone, is quite poor financially. But, in spite of what has been said about healthcare expenses lately, I am grateful for compassionate healthcare personnel, who treated my brother with kindness and dignity.

No comments:

Post a Comment