Counter

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

And so my journey begins.....

I never thought I would be one to blog. First of all, usually it is TMI, and usually people only want to read about fun, interesting things and people--which I usually am not. But whatever. There comes a time when maybe it is easier/better just to blog. You will probably find I am pretty random. But that's the way I roll.
My most recent motivation is due to two of my dearest friends, recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I decided that I will participate in the Komen 3 Day walk September 24-26th in Seattle this year. This blog will help facilitate my participation as it will provide a way for me to communicate with you, and I have decided to post a link to the fund so if you have a desire to contribute $ you can do it easily via the link. With their permission, I will also use this site to update you on their progress through this challenge in their lives. Since I am NOT accustomed to exercise, this will also chronicle my progress through this period as well. I hope you enjoy our journey.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ameila, I have always wanted to participate in the 3 Day. Good luck and I wish your friends all the best.

    -Julie

    --
    http://www.thelittlekitchen.net/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your decision to walk! When I did this 2 years ago it was truly a great experience, not to mention a financial boost to breast cancer research.

    If there's anything I can do, please let me know. I will try to donate...but I know more than a few walkers. Good luck with training and fundraising!

    ReplyDelete